EGG-TOPPED AVOCADO TOASTS RECIPE2018-05-09
- Cuisine: Continental
- Add to favorites
- 2 slices multigrain bread, toasted
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1/2 medium ripe avocado, peeled and thinly sliced
- 4 thin slices tomato
- 2 thin slices red onion
- 2 large eggs
- 1/8 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 2 tablespoons shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
Spread each slice of toast with butter; place on a plate. Top with avocado; mash gently with a fork. Top with tomato and onion.
For each poached egg, place 1/2 cup water in a small microwave-safe bowl or glass measuring cup; break an egg into the water. Microwave, covered, on high 1 minute. Microwave in 10-second intervals until white is set and yolk begins to thicken; let stand 1 minute. Using a slotted spoon, place egg over sandwich.
Sprinkle eggs with seasoned salt. Top with cheese and bacon.