Cheese Quiche Stuffed Peppers2018-04-24
- 2 medium bell peppers, sliced in half and seeds removed
- 4 large eggs
- ½ cup ricotta cheese
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon dried parsley
- ¼ cup baby spinach leaves
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, to garnish
1. Heat oven to 375°F. Prepare the peppers by slicing them each into equal halves. Remove the seeds.
In a small food processor blend the three cheeses, eggs, garlic powder, and parsley. My food processor is smaller than I would like so I did this in two batches, half and half, and then combined both fillings.
Pour the egg mixture into each pepper, filling just below the rim. Place a few baby spinach leaves on top and stir with a fork, pushing them under the egg. Cover with foil and bake for 35-45 minutes or until the egg is set.
Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and broil for 3-5 minutes or until the tops begin to brown.