- 1/2 medium-sized (100g/4oz) aubergine (eggplant) cut into 2cm x 1cm/¾in x 1/2 in sticks
- 2 small carrots (100g/4oz), peeled and cut into 2cm x 1cm/¾in x 1/2 in sticks
- 100g/4oz/1 cup peas
- 100g/4oz/1 cup French beans, cut into 2.5cm/1in pieces
- 1 medium-sized potato (100g/4oz), peeled and cut into 2cm x 1cm/¾in x 1/2 in sticks
- 50g/2oz/ 1/2 cup freshly grated coconut
- 4 fresh hot green chillies
- 2 tbsp white poppy seeds
- 1 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 medium-sized tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp natural plain yogurt
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 2 tbsp chopped, fresh green coriander
Place the aubergine (eggplant), carrots, peas, French beans and potato in a medium-sized saucepan. Add 250ml/8fl oz/1 cup water. Bring to the boil. Cover, turn the heat to medium and cook for 4 minutes or until the vegeatbles are just tender.
Meanwhile put the coconut, chillies, poppy seeds and salt in the container of an electric blender. Add 150ml/5fl oz water and grind to a fine paste. Set aside.
When the vegetables are cooked, add the spice paste and another 150ml/5fl oz water. Stir and simmer gently for 5 minutes. Now add the tomatoes, the yogurt and the garam masala. Stir gently to mix well.
Now add the pulp and chopped tomato and fry for a minute and all dry masalas and fry for a minute more.
Add paneer ,mix well and cock for a minute. Fill tomatoes with the mixture. Top with grated cheese and chopped coriander.
Bring to the boil and simmer gently for 2-3 minutes. Turn into a serving dish and garnish the vegetable curry with the fresh coriander.