Minty Paneer Biryani2018-04-06
- 3 cups cooked rice (chawal)
- 3/4 cup paneer (cottage cheese) cubes
- 1 tbsp ghee
- 2 cardamoms
- 2 bayleaves (tejpatta)
- 1/2 cup chopped mint leaves (phudina)
- 1/2 cup sliced onions
- 1 tsp cumin seeds (jeera)
- 5 black peppercorns (kalimirch)
- 2 tsp coriander (dhania) seeds
- 1 tsp roughly chopped ginger (adrak)
- 2 tsp roughly chopped garlic (lehsun)
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp roughly chopped green chillies
- salt to taste
Heat the ghee in a deep non-stick pan, add the cardamom and bayleaves and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
Blend mint leaves, sliced onions, cumin seeds, peppercorns, coriander, ginger, garlic, lemon, green chillies and salt together without Using Any Water
Add the mint paste and 2 tbsp of water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute.
Add the rice, paneer and salt, mix gently and cook on a medium flame for another 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.