- 1 cup Semolina (Rava / Suji)
- 3 tblsp Fine Wheat Flour (Maida)
- 1/4 tsp Baking Soda
- Oil to deep fry
- 1/2 cup Tamarind (Imli) Pulp
- 2 cups Water
- 2 tblsp roasted Cumin Seed (Jeera) Powder
- 2 tblsp un-roasted Cumin Seed (Jeera)
- Coriander Leaves
- 3 Green Chilly (Hari Mirch)
- 2 tblsp Mint Leaves (Pudina Leaves) Chutney
- 1 tblsp Black Salt (kala namak )
- 2 tblsp Jaggary (Gur)
Measure all ingredients.
Adjust spices and tangyness to taste.
Strain through a wire strainer to remove any rough bits.
Mix sooji, maida, baking soda, salt and enough water to knead a soft dough.
Stand covered with wet cloth for 15-20 minutes.
Make small sized balls.
With the help of some dry maida or sooji, roll into thin rounds.
Heat oil in a pan and deep fry puris till very light brown and crisp.
Drain in a paper towel for a while to dry out the oil.
Store in an airtight container when cool.