- 8 medium Potatoes (peeled)
- 2 cauliflower florets (chopped)
- 1 tbsp chopped onion
- 1 capsicum (cored, seeded and chopped)
- 1 tbsp peas
- 2 green chilies (chopped)
- 4 medium tomatoes (cubed)
- 2 cloves of garlic (chopped)
- Salt To Taste
- 2/3rd cup water
- 1/4th cup ghee
- 1tsp chopped coriander leaves
Slice off the top from the aloo (potatoes) - a thick slice to be used as a lid later, and carefully scoop the inside.
Place the Cauliflower, capsicum, peas, onion, chilies, garlic and half salt in a saucepan with the water.
Parboil until the water is fully absorbed into the mixture.
Fill the mixture into the potatoes, cover with the potato lids and secure with wooden cocktail sticks (toothpicks).
Heat the ghee in a kadhai or saucepan and cook the tomatoes with the remaining salt over a moderate heat for 2 minutes.
Carefully arrange the stuffed aloo (potatoes) over the tomato mixture, cover tightly and cook potatoes in their own steam for about 10 minutes until tender.
Garnish the stuffed aloo with chopped coriander and serve hot with roti or paratha.