- 1 cup all purpose flour (Maida)
- Water to Knead dough
- 2tbsp oil
- Little salt
- 1/4th tsp. Ajwain (optional)
- 3-4 Potatoes (boiled, peeled & mashed)
- 1/2 cup Green Peas (boiled)
- 1-2 Green Chilies (finely chopped)
- 1/2tsp Ginger (crushed)
- 1tbsp coriander finely chopped
- Few chopped Cashews (optional)
- Few Raisins (optional)
- 1/2tsp Garam masala
- Salt to taste
- Red chili powder to taste
- 1/2 tsp. Dry Mango powder( Amchur) (optional)
Mix all the ingredients (salt, oil, ajwain) except water.
Add a little water at a time.
Pat and knead well for several times into a soft pliable dough.
Cover it with moist Muslin cloth and keep aside for 15 minutes.
In a bowl add mashed potatoes and all dry masalas (salt, chili powder, mango powder, garam masala) and green chilles, ginger and Mix well.
Add green peas, cashews and raisins and mix well.
Add coriander and keep aside.
Make small rolls of dough and roll it into a 4"-5" diameter circle.
Cut it into two parts like semi-circle.
Now take one semi circle and fold it like a cone. Use water while doing so.
Place a spoon of filling in the cone and seal the third side using a drop of water.
Heat oil in a kadhai and deep fry till golden brown (fry on a medium flame).
Serve samosa hot with hari chutney, tamarind chutney.