Pad Thai Noodles2018-04-11
- Refined flour(Maida) – 1 cup
- Water – 3/4 cup
- Salt – 1 ¼ tsp or to taste
- Oil – 3 tbsp
- Cottage cheese(Paneer) – 100 gms, cut in long cubes
- White mung bean sprouts – 1 cup (soaked overnight)
- Carrot(gajar) – 1, sliced lengthways in thin strips
- Brown sugar / Jaggery(Gur) – 4 tbsp
- Soya sauce – 6 tbsp
- Peanuts(Moongphali) – ½ cup, chopped & roasted
- Tamarind paste(Imli ka paste) – 2 tbsp
- Fresh red chilli(taaza lal mirch) – 1, finely chopped & de-seeded
- Garlic (Lehsun) – 4 cloves, finely chopped
Knead Maida, salt, water (like chappati dough) till the dough becomes smooth and firm. Separate into 3 segments and roll out on floured surface in a thin long square shape. Trim edges, fold into a roll and flatten. Cut half inch pieces so that it opens up in thin flat strips.
Cook noodles in boiling water, salt and 1 tbsp of oil for 5-6 mins till they become transparent and firm. Cool them in cold water after draining.
In 2 tbsp of oil, on medium flame, add soya sauce, tamarind paste, brown sugar, red chilli to make a sauce. Add ½ cup water, carrot, white mung bean sprouts, paneer and stir gently.
Add noodles and salt to the sauce and mix. Cook for 2-3 mins, Garnish with peanuts and serve.