Thai Pumpkin and Coconut Pudding2018-04-11
- Coconut milk (Nariyal ka Doodh) – 3 tbsp
- Sugar (Cheeni) – 1cup
- Pumpkin(Kaddu) – 2 cups, steamed and cubed
- Rice flour (Chawal ka aata) – 1cup
- Corn flour(Makkai ka aata) – ¼ cup
- Desiccated coconut (Nariyal ka powder)- ½ cup
- Salt – ½ tsp or to taste
Put pumpkin, rice aata, sugar, coconut milk, corn flour, desiccated coconut, salt in a mixer and mix to make a smooth paste.
Pour the paste into a mold. Place the mold on the inverted steel bowl/mold inside the pan and cover with lid. Begin heating the water in the pan and steam for 20 minutes for the pudding to be set.
To check if the pudding is set, allow it to cool and then insert a toothpick or knife gently. If it comes out clean, it is set. Then run the knife along the edges to unmounted.
Cut into slices and serve.